Coral Trout (AKA Red Spotted Grouper) is a beautiful fish, the flesh is pure white and has a sweet delicate flavour. This steamed recipe is easy to prepare, healthy, and delicious!
- 4 portions of skin on Coral Trout fillets
- 3 piece, finely sliced ginger
- 2 cloves, finely sliced garlic
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 green onions, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Score fillet skin at 2cm intervals, 5mm deep. Arrange on baking paper in a steamer basket, skin-side up. Sprinkle with ginger and garlic
- Place steamer over a large wok or tightly fitting saucepan of simmering water. Steam fish 10-12 minutes, until just opaque and flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Make the sauce by combining Soy, Sugar, and Sesame Oil in a bowl
- In a small frying pan, heat peanut oil until very hot (smoking).
- Spoon sauce over steamed fish then pour the hot oil over the fish and sauce
- Serve straight away, topped with shredded green onions