How to cook a whole Rostbiff in the oven.
- Remove the Roast from the refrigerator at least 2 hours before planning to start cooking it, this allows the meat to warm up to room temperature which gives better cooking conditions when we start to roast the beef.
- Tie the beef with string and 6 butchers knots
- Season the beef with lots of salt and pepper and fresh herbs such as Thyme, Rosemary & Oregano (optional)
- Place the beef in pre-heated and very hot oven (220 celsius and allow to brown for around 15 minutes
- Reduce the heat to 160 and slow roast for approximately 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes
- It is better and more accurate to use a meat thermometer, you should remove the beef from the oven once the roast reaches a core temperature of 45 celsius (if you do not have a meat thermometer you can use a metal skewer placed into the center of the beef for a few seconds then placed against your bottom lip, it should register as ‘warm’ not ‘hot’
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest on a resting rack for at least 30 minutes. The roast will continue to cook as the juices inside settle, raising the internal temperature to 55 degrees for a perfect medium-rare Rostbiff
- Slice the Rostbiff nice and thick